- We present your property to the largest available rental market.
- We are always aware of current market conditions. This allows us to rent your property at its maximum value.
- We use a broad range of advertising media, including signs and Internet marketing syndicated to 50+ rental sites.
- We are members of the San Antonio Board of REALTORS®. We share our vacancy listings with other members through the use of MLS.
- We list vacancies with home-finder agencies, independent leasing agents and the military housing offices.
- We lease only to qualified, responsible tenants.
- We are experienced in judging creditworthiness. We have designed a point system similar to what banks use to qualify their loan applicants.
- We do a thorough credit and reference check before the lease is signed. This includes checking history with the credit bureau, verifying employment, and checking all appropriate references including past landlords and a criminal background check.
- We take time with each new tenant to explain the benefits and responsibilities of leasing from us.
- We provide you with protection through the use of proper lease agreements, late notices, and other legal documents.
- We take fair, appropriate pet and security deposits.
- Our comprehensive screening procedures assure you of desirable tenants.
- We maintain and update an inventory of all the personal items that are part of your property.
- We perform spot checks and, upon client request, announced, routine inspections.
- Our key-control procedures protect you and the tenant against unauthorized entry.
Repair and Maintenance Services
Timely, competent maintenance is the key to protecting your investment. Our goal is to provide you with this important service at a reasonable price using only the best-qualified personnel.
In addition, it is our aim to prevent major repair bills. We accomplish this through constant supervision, routine inspection, and regularly scheduled maintenance, and by selecting those tenants who will take pride in their leased home.
- We provide qualified, reasonably priced personnel who will get the job done right.
- We are maintenance experts. Since we deal with this daily, we know what repairs should cost and how long they will take to complete.
- Maintenance work is controlled and supervised. Because of the large volume of work we give local firms we have the necessary recourse to correct poor performance.
- We help avoid costly repairs through routine, preventative maintenance inspections.
- We protect the value of your investment by maintaining your property at current neighborhood standards.
We pride ourselves on our thorough, accurate record-keeping. Our property management system allows us to provide services that would be difficult or impossible with a conventional, manual accounting system.
We do all the bookkeeping chores for you. Our system keeps complete, accurate records of every income and expense that affects your property. Our convenient monthly cash flow statements provide you with a full, itemized record of all transactions.
- Every transaction affecting your account balance is recorded and explained. Accounting is done on a double-entry cash basis with an income and expense ledger maintained for each property.
- Copies of all invoices are kept on file throughout the year.
- As required by Internal Revenue Service regulations, we prepare and submit a 1099 MISC form showing the total gross rent income that we collected on your behalf during the year. A copy of this form will be sent to you with your January statement.
- Funds are sent to you electronically through our secure banking services.
In addition to your normal homeowner’s Fire and Extended Coverage insurance policy, we require you to maintain an “Owner, Landlord, and Tenant” (OL&T) liability policy as well. This coverage protects the tenant, you, and us against a wide range of losses caused by unintentional hazards or unsafe conditions on your property. If you do not currently have (OL&T) coverage, we can arrange to purchase a competitively priced policy for you.
If you wish, we will make the mortgage payment on your property for you. This additional service is offered, assuming that we have cash on hand to cover your payment.
You must supply us with the necessary mortgage payment cards or coupons provided by your mortgage company. Arrange to have the cards sent to us directly or forward them as you receive them.
All rent is due on the 1st of each month and is considered late if received after the 3rd of the month. Late notices are sent on the 6th, and eviction proceedings are initiated if the tenant does not make immediate arrangements for rent payment.
Our monthly management fee is payable when the rent payment is received. It is automatically deducted from your account at the time the rent payment is posted. We do not have a set fee… our fees are based on the difficulty of the assignment and the number of properties being managed.
Vacancies are expensive for both of us. We make every effort to keep our vacancies to a minimum. We are members of the local Board of REALTORS®, and we use various leasing agencies. We maintain an extensive computer database of the features that make your property special. This enables us to quickly produce an attractive listing of your property to be given to prospective tenants and local leasing personnel.
- Our computer system enables us to monitor our lease expiration dates carefully. We never allow our leases to lapse into an automatic month-to-month extension.
- Any lease going into a month-to-month classification will incur an automatic increase in rent until a new lease is signed.
- This also gives us the opportunity to re-negotiate their rent on a lease renewal.
We want good tenants just as much as you do. We pride ourselves on the quality of tenants we are able to attract. Our extensive tenant screening and leasing procedures help to ensure this.
- Applicants are required to complete our Rental Application and to provide credit information and references. A credit check, criminal background check, and past rental history are made on every prospective tenant. We explain to all applicants that prompt rent payment will help maintain their good credit rating.
- An application fee is taken at the time the Rental Application is made. This is an act of good faith by the tenant and covers the cost of the credit check if the applicant proves to be unqualified to lease your property.
- Once a tenant’s Rental Application has been approved, an appointment is made with an experienced property manager to sign the actual Lease Agreement. We have found that this extra personal attention to the tenant’s needs greatly reduces misunderstandings and eliminates many potential problems. Also, this gives us a chance to answer any questions and to carefully explain the tenant’s responsibilities as well as our company policies and procedures.
- Before your property is released to the tenant, we make a thorough move-in inspection to include photos. We find that this helps to develop a good working relationship with the new tenant. At the same time, it gives us one more chance to encourage our tenants to take pride in their leased home.
As additional protection, appropriate security deposits are always collected upon completion of a Rental Application by a prospective tenant. The amount of deposit is based on the monthly rental rate and the creditworthiness of the tenant applicant. Applicants with pets are required to pay an additional deposit.
All security deposits are kept in a special escrow checking account, as required by state real estate regulations until they are either refunded to the tenant upon the successful check-out inspection of your property or are forfeited to cover damages.
Our main job is to protect your investment property. We do this in two different ways: We make frequent drive-by reviews on the various properties we manage. Exterior reviews are very important because a property that is well maintained on the outside is normally being taken care of on the inside, too. In addition, when a special request is made, preventative maintenance reviews of the interior of the property are performed.
- The right for us to make routine, announced reviews is part of the tenants’ Lease Agreement. Tenants are always notified in writing of a pending property review. The move-out review is not conducted with the tenant present. We use the same move in property condition report that was used when the tenant moved in. We compare carefully for discrepancies, missing items, and additional damage. At the same time, we check for preventative maintenance items that are your responsibility.
- Tenants who are doing a poor job are notified in writing of the items that must be corrected by the tenant immediately. We follow-up with a second review soon after the tenant has received this report. If the tenant has not shown good faith by providing proper maintenance or making requested repairs, we will begin proceedings to correct the problem at the tenant’s expense.